Bosch Condenser Dryer not drying WTL6103GB/05

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My condenser dryer stopped drying last week, I didnt have my multimeter to hand when carrying out the inspection but the elements looked very frail so I replaced this section with a new one 9 came with new thermostat aswell)... unfortunately this didnt solve the problem.... I have cleaned everywhere and anywhere but still no joy, everyhting else works fine....

What else can I check?

All replies greatly appreciated... I am €100 in to this repair so I may try a few more things before giving up! I have told my wife it will be sorted by the weekend and it will - I just hope it doesnt cost me a new one:)

alan...

Sponsored Links
There is a pump on the right hands side as you look at it from the front (need to remove the side panel)

This can get blocked and fail or the pipe from the pump to the water collector tray can get blocked.

Beside the pump is a float switch to stop the machine heating if the water is not being removed by the pump.

Otherwise not sure but I believe it has a thermistor in the front ducting (rarely goes wrong though) or possible PCB fault.

I would check the pump and housing though as I have seen many blocked

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I will take a look this evening when I get home, I recall reading about this pump but I was unable to locate it last night.

Is it protected by a white plastic housing? i.e. is it located behind the tensioner for the drum belt...

Thanks,

Alan...

Yes it is. Generally I remove the tensioner wheel

It can be a pain to remove if you look at bosch spares site and put in the model number you can get an exploded drawing for the machine. (not a very good one but it can help)

Sponsored Links
hi,

is there anyway I can test this before removing it?

you can remove the pipe and blow through it to check it is clear.

check the float switch is working with a meter

Put a seperate supply on the pump and power it up after testing the windings with a meter.

Most of the time I have seen the pump sump clogged with crud though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back