Bosch Dishwasher Not Fully Draining. D'oh...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwashers. Who'd ave em, eh?

We have a Bosch Hydrosensor dishwasher which is approx 5 years old now i guess, but has started to leave a fair bit of water in the bottom after a cycle. It's not completely draining like it should.

I imagine this is a common problem tho I did search the forum before posting just in case.

Suspect a blockage but why would it leave just a certain amount of water undrained. Could this be a pump fault?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
how much water is left at the bottom ,should be about a cup full that is to stop the smells .

if the waste pipe is long or goes up high, whatever water is still in it when the pump stops will run back into the machine

if the waste is badly run, water from the sink will run down the waste pipe into the machine.

Thanks for your replies

There is quite an amount of water left in bottom, albeit shallow (i.e. when you open the door it doesnt flood out) but takes about 20 plus scoops with a cup to bail out. Can't see any blockages, but then there shouldn't be - that's what the filters are for?

To recap, this has been working fine and there have been no changes to the waste pipe.

Sponsored Links
.....if the waste is badly run, water from the sink will run down the waste pipe into the machine.
Could also be an early symptom of a partially blocked kitchen sink waste. It could back up enough for some water from the sink to find the easiest way out is back into the dish washer, but not quite enough for the dishwasher to pump water back up into the sink.

UPDATE

I've managed to ccompletely disassamble the whole machine, checked all pipes and there are no blockages. So I am guessing it is either a water level sensor switch, or the drain pump motor. At this point we are considering just buying anothe rmachine but this seems a bit drastic.

Anyhow, reassembling is all fine except for one hose which is attached to the right hand side of the machine (inside the cover panel obviously), and which goes down to the inside back of the machine near the base ,behind where the electrics sit. It seems to have nowhere to attach to. Any ideas ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back