Bosch dishwasher - pump gone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 4 year old Bosch d/w hasn't been cleaning the dishes very well recently (eg. a residue is left behind on plates and things aren't that clean).

There's water in the machine and it gets nice and hot. What I did notice today was that the spray arms don't seem to be rotating very well - if I shut the door and run the cycle they don't appear to have moved (I tried this several times to make sure they hadn't just stoped in the same position!).

As the arms aren't striking anything, I wonder if the pump is going (blocked?), so there's not enough pressure to drive the arms around?

Thoughts/ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Dont know about your machine, but if my spray arms arnt working its because they are blocked. Have a look at yours.

Thanks for the suggestion - I've removed and cleaned the spray arms, and the associated pipework that feeds the arms. There were no blockages and the problems still exists. If it helps, it's the top spray arm that's not rotating very well, which I'm still assuming means low pressure...

Do pumps normally fail outright, or can their performance diminish as they begin to fail?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your machine may have a diverter valve fitted which switches between top and bottom spray arms. Possibly a stuck or failed diverter valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back