Bosch dishwasher SGS 5312GB blockage or pump failure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bosch dishwasher SGS 5312GB won’t start the program as the bottom has about a bucket of water in it. I ladled it out and removed the filters and checked the pump propeller left side of the sump by removing the t-20 torx head screw and removed the little cover. No sign of any blockage. I checked the outlet hose all OK. Switched it on again, but it just filled it to the same level again? The pump propeller rotated OK.

Not sure if there’s a block further inside the unit or if the pump has had it?

Welcome any advice on what to try next. Any tips on how to get further ‘inside’ to check for blockages? How difficult is it to replace the pump and how much would one cost?

It’s around 5 years old, maybe more, will it be more economical to buy a new dishwasher in the long run, or should these things go on for 10 years or more. We’ve had Bosch white goods and ovens for many years (because I can get a good discount) but I’m not so sure the quality is up to much. I’ve had to repair or replace most of them, or is that the same as all white goods manufacturers?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back