Bosch Dishwasher SGS46E22GB/01 wont fill up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope someone can help.

I have a bosch dishwasher that wont fill up.

I have checked the the water flow assembly and unblocked anything that looked like a block and re tried the dishwasher. No luck.

I replaced the Jug Impeller and re tried the washer... No luck.

I will now check to see if it is draining properly as I know if it does not drain it will not fill.

At present symptoms from reset re as follows: Turn off / Turn on / Run Auto wash programme, water flow assembly fails to fill with water / Humming fast throbbing sound follows.

Any ideas or thoughts would really help out.

Thanks

C

UPDATE: Drain test is complete and it drains fine. I threw 4 litres of warm water into the machine and turned it on. It sounded as if it was going to work but no water entered the water fill assembly. Problem persists.

I have found a little black box next to the water inlet and don't know what it is. Could this be at fault?

Sponsored Links
If you hear a constant hum from the pump, it could be that water has collected in the bottom of the chassis. I think there's a safety mechanism that activates the pump in that case. Try tilting the dishwasher forward (careful - door may open!) and see if any water drips out - have a mop or towel ready. If it does, chances are that there is a leak somewhere that needs fixing. However, depending on the severity of the leak, you may able to put the dishwasher back and it may work for another little while longer.

I had a problem with my Bosch dishwasher where it would not fill. It turned out to be to do with a plastic water reservoir/matrix located behind the left external side panel. This unit had become gunked up as well as the mechanism to detect water in the chassis. I took it out and cleaned it all up. It is working fine now. Perhaps something similar has happened to yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back