Bosch Dishwasher (SGV4313) Drain Pump always running!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I am writing this to give solution to the problem described at the topic. After reading this forum and some others, I found out that issue is due to anti-flood sensor. When base of the dishwasher (I am talking about the white plastic base of the dishwasher where it has pump cables etc) filled with water for some reason, then it raises the floating sensor which prevents dishwasher from executing a program and causes drain pump to run continuously. To correct this I emptied the water acumulated at the base. To access base I had to remove wooden door which is attached to appliance's door and then took the metal cover just under the dishwasher door. Before doing this I have UNPLUGged the applance to avoid any electrical shock. Once I have removed that cover, I had to soak all the water out either with a sponge or tea towel. Some people tilt dishwasher forward for stand alone appliances. After removing water, dishwasher was able to run.
Why it has happened for the first time? Now I need to find root cause. I just watched the base while dishwasher while running and saw that there was a leak where salt section joins the internal section of the dishwasher. There is a big plastic nut just below the salt section's lid (I am talking about the lid where we put salt in).That was loose and I have just tightened it. Problem fixed completely...
Dishwasher is an electrical appliance and it might hurt or kill you if you do not take necessary measures (e.g. it should be unplugged).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back