Dishwasher powder instead of salt - Doh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please.
I go to top up the salt in my dishwasher but notice the hole is blocked right to the top, even though the light has come on to say it needs more salt.
Long story short, I realise the last time I filled it up (about 6 weeks ago) I put Dishwasher powder refil in instead of Dishwasher salt.

The dishwasher has been used many times since and upon trying to remove the contents, it has gone really hard. I've spent a good hour chipping away, clearing out as much as i can but there is still loads of the dishwasher powder in the resevouir, where the salt is supposed to go.

OK so question time:
What is the best way for me to get the hard Dishwasher powder out so I can replace it with salt.
Would pouring hot water in help to break up the powder?
It's an intergrated dishwasher so would take some effort to get out of the Kitchen unit, and if I did would it be wise to begin taking it apart?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back