Bosch Dishwasher Short Circuiting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had an economy cycle going last night and at some point during the drying cycle (I think, as the plates were clean and fairly dry) it tripped the MCB, which in turn set our burglar alarm off.

This happened once before, but the machine has worked fine since.

Now the machine won't switch on, I replaced the fuse, plugged it back in and BANG, blew the MCB again, (the switch on the machine was in the off position) this time triggering the RCD as well and blew the worktop level fused spur fuse. Some plumes of smoke appeared also from the back of the machine!

Is there likely to be anything I can do to repair this, or is it likely to be terminal?

Sponsored Links
Follow the (unplugged) cable to the mains suppressor just inside the case. They have a habit of popping. Post the machine E-number laser engraved on the door lip if you need more specific info.

Thanks Zipper, read one of your previous replies about this and have just removed the capacitor. It's currently on a "rinse" run working fine.

Now to cancel the order I placed for a new dishwasher- sure they are going to be pleased with me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back