Bosch Dishwasher tripped RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my parents 6 year old Bosch series 4 built in dishwasher tripped the main RCD and blew the plugs 10 amp fuse. Upon removing the control module, it revealed a burnt board/plastic housing. I tried a replacement control module, when I plugged it in. The front display did not light up. It sounded like a pump was running, various relays clicking and it started filling with water. Then nothing. No fuses blown (at the plug anyway) and no RCD trip. I have another 2nd hand board due to arrive today. Is there anything else that could be causing the fault?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Second board i have is same model number. It clicks, makes a hum noise and then nothing. Display doesnt light up

Sponsored Links
No guy stripping his machine on eBay. Thinking possibly faulty instrument board. Fires up before you press start button

Perhaps the machine has a fault that is damaging the circuit board.

If you can borrow a hatchback car, you will find that the going rate for a second-hand dishwasher is £20 or less.

People who have bought a new one have to pay to have the old one taken away.

Two average men can lift one in and out, and up stairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back