Bosch dishwasher - water not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?:
I have a Bosch dishwasher (don't know the model off the top of my head but can get it if needed). Basically, the water isn't heating up and as such the cycles are taking over 2 hours because it's waiting for the water to heat which of course it never does. There is nothing in the instruction manual about a water heater / thermostat etc. I thought I would ask the question here before calling out an engineer. It's only 4.5 years old and with it being a Bosch I wouldn't expect it to be anything serious???!!!

Any help much appreciated.

Lorraine

Sponsored Links
Just came up stairs after checking our Bosch WFF1201 element which is open circuit so appears to be dead. Yours could be similar. Overhall I've been disappointed with our Bocsh applicances. We have:

Tumble drier (5 years) - needs new starter capacitor.
Washing machine (6 years) - has had pump, element has gone, suspected this for a while, but only just confirmed as today it blew the RCD and the motor appears to have failed (probably brushes)
Dishwasher (6 years) - cheap switches so only 3 programmes can now be selected and a dry joint on the circuit board.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Just realised you said dishwasher not washing machine (was pre-occupied fixing our WM). Whilst it could be the element, this is similar to the problem we had with ours. Apparently the relays on the controller boards are a weak point on bosch dishwashers (so our engineer told me), so the relay doesn't power the element properly - new controller £80 or so.

Lucking as I'm and electronics engineer I was able to find and fix a dogdy joint (caused by heat from the relay) on the board at zero cost. Although I get get a spare relay from RS for £1.75. Most people will be stuck with paying for a new controller.

please note 10a

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back