Bosch Excell Dishwasher - not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Avice needed please! Purchased a secondhand Bosch Excell Dishwasher from someone at work - 18months old. Transported home in back of car - about 5 miles - watering was leaking out of it so not sure it was drained properly. The timer starts counting down but nothing else happens. Quick Rinse does nothing either. When I open it there is water right at the bottom. Is there anything I have done that would have brocken it?

Sponsored Links
Was it transported on it's side?
If it was, take the top off and the left side panel. Look into the base, you'll probably find it's flooded and only the drain pump is running.
You need to drain the base to get it working.
Also check that the pressure switch on the side water matrix isn't stuck.

Yes it was transported on it's side. Will have a look at taking off the panels as suggested - don't really know what the second part of your msg means - where would I locate this? Thanks for your advice anyway.

Sponsored Links
Under the overhang at the back you'll see two white clips, press upward and push the lid back. Once both are unclipped the lid will slide back and lift off.

Sleepyhead you're one helpful chap - that seems to have fixed the problem (wont speak too soon but it's making the right noises!) .Is it just a question of never transport a dishwasher on it's side?

Sorry, it's the first one. Never transport on it's side. A dishwasher never fully drains after it's had water in it. It keeps some just the same as a sink trap does.

please note forum rule 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back