No action from Bosch dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bosch dishwasher is not washing. All the right lights come on and the timer counts down but the normal washing sound is not there, if I open the door after a couple of minutes all that has happened is the bottom of the washer fills with water but no water has actually been sprayed on the dishes.
The drain pump is working fine.
Any ideas please.
Thanks

Bosch hydrosensor SRS5602

Sponsored Links
Any ideas if the base is removable from this machine, any hints.
Thank you

It should pump out for about a minute and the fill up for about another minute and then the circulation motor should cut in to spry the water around.

Sounds like circulation pump problems (blocked with foriegn object, motor o/c or capacitor fault)

The motor can be found on the right hand side. 2 t20 torque screws on front right of cabinet and top cover slides backwards but requires 2 tags depressing under the top covers rear lip (sorry a bit hard to explain).

Thanks i can see the main pump motor, which is very stiff to turn but how do i get to it, does the base come off easy?
I want to replace the circulation motor
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Its quite a dificult job even for the trained eye.

It can be done in two ways either laying on its side and removing various t20 screws and wedging the base apart allowing enough room to get hand in and finding the special clip to allow the motor to be twisted and released from the housing.

Or the official way is to remove the tank.

The string hinge cords
The outer door panel
The white plastic clip inserts on the door pivot,
all the plastic trim attached to the sump inside the tank ie salt cap collar, the plastic plinth
the inner plinth panel
and rear tank screws and screw in the front hinge attached to tank leaving the hinge bracket in the base moulding.

tank should then lift off

Then theres the problem of putting it back together.

Leave alone if I was you its bit of a job recomended to be done by a suitable engineer as it can be quite tricky.

It is worth checking the capacitor first as this is a common fault.

I think its the motor, its quite stiff and it only frees up after a squert of WD.

Any used motors available?

Thanks for the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back