Bosch Diswasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher drained OK at the end of a wash, and the timer reads 0 as expected - but continued to make a noise inside, as if it were still operating. So I switched it off.

The next time I come to use it, it won't fill with water, and the timer does not count down. Does the timer control the input / output of water?

I'm wondering if the timer control is faulty, in which case, would this be fixed by replacing the control unit just behind the buttons?

Th machine is a SG5342GB/17
Bosch hydrosensor 2.3/2.5Kw.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Tip the machine back and see if any water comes out.If it does you have an internal leak which will need investigating.

THanks - i will try that. I see that quite a few people suggest checking the float mechanism. Would you normally be able to access this without taking the bottom off the machine? I can't see it simply by removing the food filters?

you have to pull the machine out and go round the back.

Only tip the machine backwards, not forwards until you have got all the water out (because of the electrical parts in the door).

Sponsored Links
Many thanks JohnD and assuhors.
As you suggeted, I tipped the machine back, and out came a few litres of water.

Plumbed it back in, and it works fine once again.

I'm tempted to just wait and hope it doesn't happen again. But JohnD - you suggest there must be an internal leak. Is there any harm in just emptyting it out when necessary?

If it's a slow leak, that might be quite infrequent. I guess you are then depending on that float device activating correctly? If it doesn't, you have a flood on your hands.

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back