Bosch Exxcel auto dishwasher problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.. I've been having loads of trouble with my dishwasher lately. Started with everything coming out with a white film and tasting salty (if you didn't rinse before use) I found if I turned off the Softener it was OK but stuff wasn't cleaning very well.

I took off the side and found a large complicated plastic tank with lots of chanels through it and noticed that one section was blocked so took it out and spent over two hoors cleaning it until it was completely clear (the blocked bit had a small black plastic part inside that couldn't be seen before I cleaned it)

After putting it all back together it seemed to work fine with no more salty taste or film but the washing was still not great and the tablets often undisolved at the front of the machine.

I've now noticed ( by quickly opening the door mid wash and checking the position) that the spray arms do not always turn. Water comes out of them but they don't seem to spin which would explain the lack of cleaning and the undissolved tablets. The arms and connecting tubes are all clear as I took them all out and put a hose through them when cleaning the tank and I believe sometimes they do work, just not always.

There is plenty of water pressure although I assume this is only relevant when filling and not during the the whole wash phase...

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Arms must still be blocked, does,nt take much , a grain of rice is enough and can only be removed by taking off the arm and rinsing water thro the holes untill the debri falls from centre spindle hole.The tip of the arm has the holes that give it rotation and if partially blocked water will be ejected in wrong direction causing the arm to stand still.

thanks for the suggestion but arms definately clear. I may have solved the problem though.. there was a small device with a float in that connected to the bottom of the large tank arrangement with a pipe going to the bottom of the dishwasher. There was a lot of greasy gunk in it so took it off and put some drain cleaner through it and flushed it until clear.

I've just tried a load and there seems to be far more water in the machine and the arms are spinning again. Hopefully I fixed it and it's not something intermitant that will come back tomorrow... if it does I'll come back for some more help but fingers crossed it's all OK now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back