Bosch Induction Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Bosch Induction hob has come with a 5 core cable, this cable will be connected to the hob as per the instructions but the other end of this will go into an isolator box which means I will have 2 cores spare (grey and black) - where to these connect to at the isolator side?

Sponsored Links
They shouldN'T be spare.

I would expect them to connect to L & N to share the load.

Probably grey for N

Last edited:
copied from https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/wiring-up-induction-hob.533200/ for NEF but the principle is the same

1hc0VQTh.jpg

Gx2S0Ukh.jpg

Aaah that makes more sense now, are those two cables crimped together? I have a single one, is there such a thing as a double one or should they just both be put into the connection

Sponsored Links
What do the instructions say? They will have details of this.

if you don’t have them (they Must be there) then post the Bosch model number.

Last edited:
The instructions do not state this, I have a similar picture to what was posted above, but this seems to show the two cables crimped together into a double crimp end which I have never seen before

In other countries they have three phase or split phase supplies to the home, the hob is designed to be used with either single, split or three phase supplies and the wiring diagrams show you how to wire for your supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back