Bosch Logixx Easy Access Fridge Continuously Running.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. First post so thanks in advance if anyone can offer advice.

My just under three year old Bosch Logixx fridge model no. KTR 18P20GB is running continuously and icing up at the back. There is a sensor of some sort behind a prise off cover inside, on the right but I don't know if this is the cause of the problem. I would have firstly change the thermostat in an old style fridge but I've no idea where to go with this.

Can anyone help?[/b]

Sponsored Links
If the fridge is getting too cold the compressor must be OK, so it could be the main PCB or the sensor.

Lee

Thanks for the responses. I haven't got a thermometer, but the temperature in the fridge reaches a point where the contents freeze, even though the temperature is set at 5 degrees.

I seem to recall that the indicator light continues to flash even when the back panel is icing up. I've plugged the pcb and sensor back in to check that the light continues to flash and will report back.

The compressor continues to run when I put the temperature sensor in iced water.

Sponsored Links
can you post a pic of the sensor, and where its wires go?

I've found the exploded parts diagrams on the Bosch website are pretty good for showing how things go together, and common parts are often available from other sources. I have not done a fridge, though.

Thanks John.

I too have looked at the exploded diagram but can't see the sensor which is located at the rear right of the interior:

Looks like the wires come out of the top and into the junction box next to the compressor. I'm not sure how to replace it if it is faulty as it seems firmly held.

Hope the photos work; never done this before!

The temp light does stop flashing but the compressor keeps running. Wondering if the relay might be faulty?

I'd suppose that it would be a thermocouple (resistance changes with temperature) rather than a click on/off thermostat, so the circuit board can compare actual temperature to setting. In which case you can't easily substitute or test the sensor.

I believe the light stops flashing when it reaches target temperature, in which case (part, at least, of) the control circuit is working.

I have nothing useful to say, sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back