Bosch maxx heater element wont come out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've taken the inspection hatch off the back of my Bosch washing machine, and disconnected the heater element. But it won't come out, because the back panel is in the way. And there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the back panel. It's nothing like the YouTube videos! Do you have to remove the drum to get at it?
IMG_20240314_172230765~2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but in the videos I've seen, the heater element is able to be easily extracted, without hitting panels. I've got the element out of its housing, but there isn't enough room to get it out. Bosch obviously went through several design iterations for this model

Sponsored Links
It's a WAB24161GB/05, made in 2015 I think so fair do's it's lasted quite well I suppose

The back does not come off that model so it may be that if you lay it on its front the drum may fall forward enough so that you can tilt it and draw the element out through the hole or the of the bottom of the machine. Failing that you would need to uncouple the drum from it's fixings then try the same thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back