Bosch Siemens will not drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Perhaps someone can help. I have a Siemens SL84A. I do not know its Bosch equivalent. The unit is not draining and creating a film on the dishes as they sit in the dirty water.

I have checked the drain tube, it is clear, connected to the disposer (the knockout on the disposer has been knocked out). Inside the unit, everything pre-drain and impeller is clear. There is no problem from the impeller unit to the plastic drain thing that connects the outlets.

It seems like the impeller is not reversing directions? Is that possible? That or there is an issue with the plastic matrix thing?

When I run the machine in its undrained state and monitor the output, it barely gets to the plastic matrix thing and there is a bubbling fountain effect inside the machine.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
have you tried a air gap fitting. It goes inline with the drain hose usually up through the sink with a cap, and before the disposer fitting. it stops an airlock that may prevent proper draining. I have the same problem and I think the water doesn't completely empty from the bottom of the tub and therefore sprays the old water during the rinsing. I'm a DIY'r, not a plumber but it may be worth looking into.

I did check the air lock and it seems to be fine. It was operating as it should. I've heard about some electrical problems related to this machine. Thats what I'm looking into now.

Anyone with a similar issue?

Sponsored Links
Siemens SL84A dishwasher problem

I am also dealing with the same/similar issue with a Siemens SL84A dishwasher. The unit cycles through cleaning, beeps to indicate the end of a wash and will not shut off as it continues to pump water out of the dishwasher.

I can cancel and drain the dishwasher but can not leave it unattended because it constantly runs after I turn it on. I checked all the lines, drains, traps, which are clear so the issue does not appear to be mechanical. As you mentioned I believe it is an electrical defect in the Siemens SL84A dishwasher.

Have you found any solution(s)? I have only had the dishwasher for a year-and-a-half (past Siemens 1 year warranty) and am expecting an expensive if not appliance killing repair bill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back