BOSCH Single Oven - What cable size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just bought a BOSCH single oven (BOSCH HBN131251B). This is rated at 13amps, so was going to plug it into a wall socket which is already in place behind the oven. I have been advised this is OK, but was just wondering on the size of the cable. Is it ok to use the same size cable as you would use for say a Fridge/Microwave?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The oven manufacturers usually recommend the appropriate cable to use.
If not try something like this

Thanks for replies.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm unsure as to which cable to use. I tried some spare cable I had which is exactly the same cable as I have on my fridge (think it's 1.5mm), and put a standard 13amp plug on the end. Plugged in and it worked fine, but wondered if this is OK to continue to use.
Would it be wise to buy some cable that luminaire suggested if this is suitable?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Product installation manual clearly states:

This is a class I oven and should only be used with an earthed connection.
The cable for connecting to the mains should be type H05 V V-F or higher.
The yellow and green cable, which is used for the earth connection, should be connected first and should be longer than the others.

In order to comply with normal safetyregulations, the installer should ensure that there is a disconnection switch with all the poles having a contact gap of at least 3 mm. This is unnecessary in the case of a connection using an earthed plug, if this is accessible to the user.

If you dont have it you can download it on the BOSCH site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back