Bosch washing machine motor wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was changing brushes on my Bosch WFL 226. As I removed the plug from the back of the motor it came apart and the 6 wires came out. I can put the plug back together - however - I am unsure which order some of the wires go in. I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere - can anyone help or make any suggestions? thanks

Sponsored Links
Exactly what came apart? The leads on the male plug (motor supply)....or the female part (leads into the motor itself). If it was the first then your easiest option might be to buy a new cable c/w plugs (in which case you need to post the full E-number on the door sticker). If it was the latter....then you're in a spot of trouble. You won't find a wiring diagram & if you get it wrong by guessing which wires go where something might pop when you fire it up. For your sake I hope it was the first one...

Thanks - fortunately it's the supply end - the plastic plug is in two parts - the wires feed in through holes in the top then the the bottom part pushes in with metal 'v' s that cut through the wire insulation and makes the connection. I'm fairly sure about the position of 3 of the wires - If I knew what the 6 terminals on the plug end attached to the motor were - I could probly test the the output with a program running and work out the postion of the others. A new cable/loom with plugs may be best option if I can find a supplier at a sensible price (any suggestion welcome) The E No is WFL226LGB/01 FD 7906 700788. Thanks

Exactly what came apart? The leads on the male plug (motor supply)....or the female part (leads into the motor itself). If it was the first then your easiest option might be to buy a new cable c/w plugs (in which case you need to post the full E-number on the door sticker). If it was the latter....then you're in a spot of trouble. You won't find a wiring diagram & if you get it wrong by guessing which wires go where something might pop when you fire it up. For your sake I hope it was the first one...

This is the motor/pcb cable c/w plugs http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=172694.
Bit steep in price but cheaper than totaling your pcb. You may get one a bit cheaper shopping around.
The 6 leads (starting from the 2 thinnest wires) are: 1 & 2 tacho generator - 3 & 4 armature circuit - 5 & 6 field winding. The problem being that it is impossible to know the correct orientation of the field winding in relation to the armature circuit. If either gets swapped around the direction of rotation changes, which may cause problems. The motor harness cable is pretty standard for many Bosch/Siemens washers, maybe you could find a scrap machine someplace?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - will probably have to buy new cable - wouldn't know where to find a scrap one. Just hope it works and the motor is ok! thanks again for advice.

This is the motor/pcb cable c/w plugs http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=172694.
Bit steep in price but cheaper than totaling your pcb. You may get one a bit cheaper shopping around.
The 6 leads (starting from the 2 thinnest wires) are: 1 & 2 tacho generator - 3 & 4 armature circuit - 5 & 6 field winding. The problem being that it is impossible to know the correct orientation of the field winding in relation to the armature circuit. If either gets swapped around the direction of rotation changes, which may cause problems. The motor harness cable is pretty standard for many Bosch/Siemens washers, maybe you could find a scrap machine someplace?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back