Bosch Washing Machine won't spin to full speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I hope someone can shed some light on a strange reoccurring problem with my Bosch WFO2860 washing machine, its about 6-7 years old and for the last year it occasionally won't run at full spin speed.
It is very similar to the article //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=247207
I drag it out from under the worktop remove the top and there is a pressure switch on the RH side at the top, I remove the pipe and blow through it and hey presto it spins at full speed again, but the time between failures seem to be getting shorter. Must be about 6 to 7 times in the last 18 months.
I’ve done all the obvious, cleaned all the filters, flushed it through, checked for excessive vibration / feet level etc. Actually it won’t spin on full speed when its empty...

Many people on this forum seem to indicate the brushes with this scenario, I don’t buy into that as why does it run for a few months, say 8-10 full cycles then give up again. And more importantly why does blowing through the PS clear the problem? I’ve also poked a length of wire down the pipe to see if its blocked by crap at the bottom, it doesn’t seem to be.
So does anyone know what this Pressure Switch does? I thought it would be a level switch for door opening or high water level, I don’t see why it seems to affect it going to full spin speed (1400 RPM).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.
\Colin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back