Bosch WFF 2000 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My WFF2000 is not working, I replaced the pump 12 months ago which fixed the usual problems found on this site. Now in all modes the motor kicks in fast then stops immediately, then nothing happens. The pre-wash light flashes 5 times. Same thing happens in all modes.

In X mode it goes through the cycle to the end then the same thing, motor spins a few times fast, stopping immediately then nothing. Again pre-wash flashes 5 times.

Pump is working, water is filling, checked all filters etc.

I can't be sure because I can't remember what it used to sound like but the drum seems to grind a little, could it be something to do with the bearings?

What does 5 pre-wash flashes mean?

Any ideas for what the problem could be would be appreciated. Its getting old now, so is it worth investigating further, or should I just give up on the old machine?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sounds like the brushes may need to be replaced. Bosch do both brushless motors and with brushes. I had one that cut out after motor starting, the brushes are not making correct contact thus it fails. Check the type you have, brush assemblies are available to purchase but are also expensive from bosch as the incorporate it as a whole case unit

No idea about the 5 flashes but the description of the motor problem indicates a fault with the motor tacho. Either faulty motor, broken wiring or faulty pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back