Bosch WFL2063 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had this for a couple of years and I have to say, I've never been impressed with it. Our old Zanussi was a hot and cold fill but this is cold fill only and it doesn't seem to heat the water until the actual wash cycle is nearly finished. Clothes just don't seem to be clean at all.

Are they meant to heat the water fairly quickly or is it normal for it to take so long to heat the water?

And are all washing machines cold fill only now? I have the urge to connect it up to the hot feed........................

Sponsored Links
And are all washing machines cold fill only now? I have the urge to connect it up to the hot feed.................

No, don't do that. Save the planet etc...

It sounds like something is wrong. It should heat up early in the program and wait until it is up to the correct temperature for the wash cycle. I would have suggested temperature sensor fault but if it heats up at the end of the cycle then I don't know.

Hopefully one of the regulars will be along to advise you soon. If you are sure it has always been the same since new, then a phone call to bosch might be in order.

Thanks. It's always been like that, but I didn't realise that it wasn't meant to be like that until I was speaking to my mum about it.

When we first got it, it didn't seem to take in much water nor heat up and we did get the engineer out - but he wasn't the Bosch engineer - he was from the store that we got it from. All he did was start it on a cycle, see it drawing water in and tell me it was fine - but sometimes, if I had sheets and duvet covers in (not overloaded), there would be dry patches on it where it hadn't even got wet! But apparently that was it being economical!!!

Only got it cos it was recommended by Which.

Will phone Bosch and see what they say.

And it's OK - was only joking about attaching it up to the hot feed! :LOL:

put it on a 60 degree wash empty no clothes and check door glass in about 30 mins it should be warm or very hot if not heater gone :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Got it on a 60 degree wash with nothing in and it was hot after 20 minutes - so obviously it is heating up (I've just never felt the glass hot when there's washing in it.)

Was reading a report on Which and it said that Bosch had changed the cycles and a 40 degree cycle was only good for sort of freshening up - if you wanted things properly washed, you should use the 60 degree intensive stains programme - maybe that's where I've been going wrong.

There's one thing though - my next machine won't be a Bosch!

Excluding Miele, ISE and Asko, Bosch are about as reliable and good performing as it comes.

Don't go for anything Indesit, Hotpoint, Haier, Hoover, Candy, Zanussi, AEG, Electrolux etc, they're not built anywhere near Bosch standards!

I don't intend replacing it any time soon but it's such a dilemma knowing what to get. I've just ordered my tumble dryer and I ended up going for a Whirlpool - please don't tell me they're crap!!!!

Always had Zanussi machines before - but I'm taking years ago - before they became Electrolux - our first Zanussi was 20 years old and the second was 9 years old before we replaced them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back