Bosh Exxcel 1200 Express Spin Cycle not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Bosh Exxcel 1200 Express washing machine (3yrs old) that yesterday morning washed and spun a load of washing fine, then the enxt load it didn't spin it.

My wife told me about this this morning, so we turned it on a spin cycle empty, it stayed there and went through the motions of emptying water i.e. pump running, then it started to spin, but just stayed at that "build up" speed, you know where it steadily goes around and around as if it was about to start, but it never did, it did this for the whole 11min cyle and then ended.

we tried the cyle on multiple spin speed settigns and they are all doing the same, where should I start to look for this problem?

any suggestions greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
first things to usually look for are blockage or restriction in the filter/pump (the machines will time out if water does not leave in a certain time to prevent the machine spinning when full of water)

Next check motor brushes for wear, they should be a minimum of aorund 10mm long (depending on machine when new they can be 25 to 40mm long)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back