Bosh washing machine marking clothes

lys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 yr old Bosch Excell 1200. In the last few months it has started to leave brown marks on the clothes. There is mould around the door seal (that I can't remove). I have tried a 90 degree empty wash, cleaned out the filters and soap drawer and the sludge under the door seal.
Any other suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
sounds like bearings are goingm brown marks are probably rust

If there's a lot of sludge it's going to take more than 1 or 2 maintenance washes to clean it out. (3 years + on low temperature washes equates to a lot of soap and body fat build up).
Hottest wash, no clothes in the machine, 1 aerial tablet in the drum. Do this several times to try and clean it up.
If the marks persist then as Breezer said, looks like the bearing seal has failed and grease is leaking into the wash.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Will try as you suggest. Brown marks are sludgy, rather than rust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back