Ariston washing machine- Door Seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston A1636S 1600 Spin washing machine. The door seal is covered in black mould and slime and despite numerous attempts to clean it I cannot get rid of it. It is now putting marks on the clothes and therefore I want to replace the seal. Has anybody done this before and if so please can you let me know how to do it.

Sponsored Links
first remove lid 2 screws at rear hard slap on front to push lid back .3 screws by dispenser then 2 screws at botton under kickstrip remove consol 2 more screws 2 screws on door lock flick off retainer on the front of seal remove front panel door seal exposed remove rear retainer holding seal fit in reverse .door seal about 15- 20 quid part number 1605550 .job done:cool:

i to have mold starting to build up on the door seal of my zanussi tilmline 1600, i would like to remove it to give it a good clean
can anyone tell me how to remove it so i can clean it
thankyou

first remove lid 2 screws at rear hard slap on front to push lid back .3 screws by dispenser then 2 screws at botton under kickstrip remove consol 2 more screws 2 screws on door lock flick off retainer on the front of seal remove front panel door seal exposed remove rear retainer holding seal fit in reverse .door seal about 15- 20 quid part number 1605550 .job done:cool:

Wish it was that easy ...

1. Remove door (2 screws).
2. remove top (2 screws at back, sharp slap to front to dislodge).
3. Remove 2 screws holding powder dispenser to inlet valve.
4. Remove 2 screws at front corners securing fascia.
5. Remove fascia and powder dispenser as a unit - note plastic locating pegs on underside and plastic clips locating bottom onto front panel. Take care not to drop one of the rubber seals from valve/powder dispenser joint. Do not disconnect the wiring, just lay the complete assembly on top of the machine.
6. At some point, you will need to release the retaining wire securing the seal to the front panel. This is a thin spring loaded wire. Look after it, you will need it again.
7. Remove two screws at front securing front panel.
8. Remove kick panel - this allows access to two more screws securing bottom of front panel - take these out as well.
9. unclip the wire connector to the door switch.
The front panel may now be lifted from its plastic retainers.
10. The second wire clip can now be removed. The clever clip will need to be released to allow refitting.
11. Thoroughly clean and disinfect the seating for the new seal - you don't want the same gunk growing into the new one straight away.
12. On the drum, you will notice a protruding moulding at about 5 o'clock. There is a matching flange on the seal to help you locate it accurately - start here and fit the seal.
13. Fit the wire retainer - you will need a good pair of long-nose pliers to retension the wire.
14. Reassemble the machine in the reverse order - take care not to mix up the screws! remember to fit the seal to the front panel before refitting the door. Do not release the spring from the wire, carefully stretch it into place.

... ...and it cost me 40 quid to get the part from Hoover.

Sponsored Links
Hi, obviously an old post but I need to change door seal on our Ariston A1436 and can't find any details on it, can anybody help?

Is it easy or a bit of a nightmare?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back