ARISTON / HOPTPOINT A1636S RETAINER SEAL REMOVAL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help.
I'm in the process of changing the seal on my ariston A1636 washing machine.
All was going well to start with as I'd watched the you tube instruction videos and gained some valuable advise from this website.

I have hit a difficulty in that I can't seem to get the rear retainer to budge! It looks nothing like the spring one at the front and i can't find anything anywhere about how to release this so I can change the seal!!

I've uploaded an image of what it looks like. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really don't want to have to pay £150+ for an engineer to do it when I'm sure I can manage it myself!!

Many thanks
Marie

Sponsored Links
It's a zipper type just use a small screwdriver on the zip piece to prize apart ,then use needle nose pliers to pull it together when refitting

It's a zipper type just use a small screwdriver on the zip piece to prize apart ,then use needle nose pliers to pull it together when refitting

Fantastic! Just tried and it it worked a treat!! I was a bit worried I was going to snap it!!
Thank you for your advise!

Back again! I'm nearly there!!

Managed to get all the bits and bobs back together, the only thing I'm now struggling with is the front spring retainer.

Although before that I'm not sure whether I've attached the outer rim of the seal correctly. I've pulled it through and there is a metal rim round the front of the machine. Does the whole of the seal go over this or only one of the lips of the seal??
Then does the retainer go round the outside of the metal rim (this doesn't seem quite right when I've tried it)

Sorry to ask stupid questions!

Sponsored Links
Yes ur right the lip of the seal goes on the rim then the retainer goes in the groove. If you can put the spring bit near the hinge because they rust when it is at the bottom and it makes a slight bulge in the seal and makes it stiff to shut the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back