Boulders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have got two largish boulders in my garden, left by the previous owners. I would like to use these as a centre piece among the plants and was told that they would look better if they had some "Mind your own business" flower on them. What kind of flower is it? or can you suggest something that would do a nice job. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
it really depends on how big small height size shape dimensions width texture weight percieved weight mass, that the boulders are.and of course what you want

I would have bamboo

Sponsored Links
Mind your own business is a ground cover plant, low and delicate. It's great for covering ground, brickwork, anything really. However it likes plenty of water and some shade, it won't take full sun.
It can be spread by dividing up clumps. Works best with on a compost bed. I should think you could get it to cover the stone it you work at it slowly, from the base upwards. Dividing established clumps and tacking it on a bit at a time. Keep well watered and never let dry out completely though even if you do it may come back over time to recover. I once created a very successful terrace garden by clearing clumps from a friends garden where it was a nuisance, which it can easily become. It's great in the right place and there's several types, a silvery green and a golden green, along with the green green! Try not to walk on it or let animals pee over it. Also clear away dead leaves and other shading, rotting material from lying on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back