Bow window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I use to be a builder for more than 20yrs, I have installed individual windows and velux windows in the past without issue, I had my son's friend to make a bow window which has arrived an it came in 4 individual windows. I was wondering if it is normal to fit each of the 4 units separately or do I need to put it all together then lift it in to place what is the norm? Is there a guide online anyone knows about or instructions to look at ? I built houses but have never done a bow window before, thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm assuming this is PVC? I've fitted them both ways, I used to work with a guy would would screw a 7 seg together on the drive and carry it up a ladder with his arm through the frame and a transom resting on his shoulder, many a time it had to come back down to trim the horns a bit more

Think it's better to fit the cill in situ so it sits where the original sat, right back against the window board and fit the 2 end ones and spring the 2 middle ones in last

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back