Box controlling security lights

Sponsored Links
The opal heads have a lux adjust setting inside the detector carefully remove the cover as they go brittle in the sun, you can buy replacement covers around £5 , try cleaning the covers first and adjusting the lux setting on the faulty head.

A wiring diagram for the MK3 is available here http://www.sacgroup.co.uk/manuals/627.003.pdf

It would seem that the PIR detectors are 12v devices, so the usual PIRs that are generally used aer not appropriate (they are 230v).

If you need a replacment PIR, you may need to get a suitable one from GJD. I'm sure they can help if needed.

Sponsored Links
So I definitely have the opal pir, but only one dial and it is set in the same position as the others. How can I tell if this is for range or lux? The gjd website does not seem to have any support documentation for legacy PIR's.

At this stage looks like I will need a replacement PIR :(

Barry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back