Box hedge help

Thermo, I don't want to rain on your parade.....but I wish you would stop being 'all things to all men' and stick to what you know best. Grouting in!.......it's a landscape product! not floor tiles

seems to me you have a good post history of putting people down in a very short space of time. Funny how im not the only one who youve managed to upset. Im not going to resort to your low level of insults, i was merely trying to point out that you are managing to upset people with the way you answer and disregard others answers so easily. Oh by the way i did make a typo error on that post it should have read pointing not grouting, thankyou so much for correcting me in such a polite manner, without trying to insult me or put me down

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
An accepted fact in the horticultural world, but what ho you know best

Prove this fact thermo!

It's the other way around. Young plants are very susceptible to drought, heat, and damage. Think in terms of 'babies' and 'adults', would you shove a baby out into the cold? Plants grown on for 2-3 seasons are best buys, as past the worst dangers.

Thermo said:
Thermo, I don't want to rain on your parade.....but I wish you would stop being 'all things to all men' and stick to what you know best. Grouting in!.......it's a landscape product! not floor tiles

seems to me you have a good post history of putting people down in a very short space of time. Funny how im not the only one who youve managed to upset. Im not going to resort to your low level of insults, i was merely trying to point out that you are managing to upset people with the way you answer and disregard others answers so easily. Oh by the way i did make a typo error on that post it should have read pointing not grouting, thankyou so much for correcting me in such a polite manner, without trying to insult me or put me down

You need to get out more!

i was trying to clarify the point raised by scott that you so quickly shot down. Funny how people have differing views on gardening, funny how some always think they are right.

we will agree to disagree again, but at least i can do it without resorting to a inane insult every post and automatically thinking that i am right over everyone else. You are not worth the effort in typing anymore replies to, so i will contain myself to giving suggestions to others, based on experiance in the best belief that i am trying to help. Im sure you will further try to shoot me down as you will with others, but to be honest i dont give a toss

Thermo said:
i was trying to clarify the point raised by scott that you so quickly shot down. Funny how people have differing views on gardening, funny how some always think they are right.

we will agree to disagree again, but at least i can do it without resorting to a inane insult every post and automatically thinking that i am right over everyone else. You are not worth the effort in typing anymore replies to, so i will contain myself to giving suggestions to others, based on experiance in the best belief that i am trying to help. Im sure you will further try to shoot me down as you will with others, but to be honest i dont give a toss

Long may you continue to reply to posts Thermo, as this is a free forum, and I enjoy reading your posts ;)

See you soon, and don't take it too seriously! :(

Sponsored Links
up ya bum ya grumpy old git :)

(extended in the hand of humour!)

Thermo said:
by the way i think the point that scott was trying to make was that a young plant (therefore cheaper) will be less affected by shock from being transplanted and will therefore recover quicker than a more mature specimen (normally more expensive) and in every likelehood overtake it. An accepted fact in the horticultural world, but what ho you know best
That was my point Thermo, but what do I know? ( have to make that me signature !!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back