Boxer C28 - Heating Close To Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im having a problem with the central heating, the boiler is kicking in and the radiators that are closest to the boiler are getting warm (not hot...) whilst those furthest away (generally downstairs) are remaining stone cold... It was working last night.

Ive zero knowledge in terms of boilers or central heating but after some searching Im assuming that this means the pump has perhaps died?

Where do I locate the pump and how to I confirm/rule out whether its the pump thats the problem? Ive looked at the pipework going into the boiler but theres no pump and then it goes under floorboards (guessing a pump wouldnt be under the floor?).

Would appreciate any help on this, its obviously freezing at the moment and I've two under 5 year olds I need to keep warm.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Ok here goes for everything I can think of to describe...

Make & Model: Boxer C28

Boiler comes on and 'sounds' like its working fine... after approx 30 seconds the pilot like goes out but boiler will continue to make its normal noises as if its still running fine. Approx 3 - 5 mins later the pilot light will come on again before going out after just 30 seconds.

This is only effecting the central heating, the hot water is still working and the pilot doesnt go out whilst I run the hot water.

The problem started this morning, nothing has changed between last night when it was working and now that it isn't.

The radiators upstairs are getting warm (but never hot) whilst the radiators downstairs are staying very cold.

Again, I would appreciate *any* help.

Sponsored Links
never ever heard of your boiler, but symptoms sound like sludged up system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back