boxing in a boiler for fire regs

I have a similar situation in a top floor flat that has a 'ground floor' entrance due to the terraced site.

The BCO commented on the drawings that the boiler, then in the bathroom, needed a fire rated door to the bathroom.

We have since moved the boiler because I don't like boilers in bathrooms and it is now in the hall. Unfortunately it is between the living and bedrooms and the exit so I am waiting to be told that I need to box it in.

My view is that gas boilers don't catch fire like oil boilers, they would explode it there was a failure of that type and if did than the door/cupboard would be long gone!!

How many gas boiler fire incidents are there every year?

Sponsored Links
Boilers in bathrooms need to be boxed for electrical reasons.

I have been to just ONE exploded gas boiler which had been fitted by a non reg.

An oil boiler caught fire in a house close to my Mothers house and the non bunded tank leaked and allowed flaming oil to flow down the lane towards her house.

The fire brigade attended and had to dig a trench to divert the flaming oil into the field. She was able to clain about £3500 to have the contaminated soil dug out and removed and as a contribution to resurfacing the track with scalpings.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back