Boxing in Bay Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating my house and need some suggestion for the best way to case it my bay windows, currently it looks a mess.
Any advise would be most appreciated, I am looking for the best possible finish.
Thanks
Here is how it currently looks:

PXL_20240319_120741348.jpg

And this is the concrete behind the board:

PXL_20240319_120608382.jpg

Sponsored Links
I should have shown a wider view photo as well.

PXL_20240319_193020947.jpg

Its just the two visible spaces that need to be filled as the other edges of the 2 side widows the plasterboard buts up against them.

PXL_20240319_193519647.jpg

Hope this make things a bit clearer
Sorry for the lack of better pictures.
Thanks

Have you thought about the finished affect you want to see?
Are you going to paint the surface or leave a natural wood on show?
How big a budget do you plan on using?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response, my initial thought was to take my angle grinder to it and cut out a section of the protruding concrete, but the amount of dust that would recreate would be somewhat troublesome and possibly weakening the bay window. Although If I cut away the excess concrete it would look so much better as I could go straight across between the 2 windows with either plasterboard, plaster, paint or UPVC for a white plastic finish. As far a I can see and can alternatively go around the concrete with a 90 degree corner out of either plasterboard, then plaster and paint or maybe a flexi-angle https://www.trulypvc.com/building/exterior-cladding/upvc-shiplap/flexi-angle-corner-trim-5m , but I certainly feel this would be the easiest but certainly worse of all the options. I don't really have a budget I will need to weigh up the finish / cost ratio and I am certainly open to suggestions. I also thought about a natural wood finish to go with the bay window cill I will need to do, but I feel the concrete will still be an issue unless I cut it out.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back