Bra wire fallen through washing machine drum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Indesit WIXL163 washing machinem a bra wire has come out of a bra and fallen through the drum, I can hear the wire catching everytime the drum rotates, how can I take the drum out to get to the wire, is it easy?

Sponsored Links
You can't take the drum out it's a welded drum. Only way is slide the lifter out of the inner drum and shine a torch though the hole or remove the filter at the bottom of the drum.

As the font of all knowledge rocks1 suggests, slide the lifter / paddle out to try to look in between the two drums whilst turning slowly; to get the paddle out one normally has to insert something long and thin, like an Allen key, into the third hole from the front, forcing the metal tongue of the drum that sticks up holding the paddle in place, down; then slide the paddle towards yourself, this sometimes needs force. You may need to manouvre the wire into a position to extract.
To get the paddle back into place, make sure that that metal tongue sticks up above the metal before sliding back to hold it.
Not as difficult as it all sounds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back