brass pipe replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just found this forum. I just got a new disposal for the kitchen sink, no problems there. The problem is that I've got brass pipes under the sink, which seem to be glued or soldered in place. To connect the dispo, I'd need to shave off about 4 inches from one of these brass pipes (two sink system, dispo under one, linked to other by horizontal brass pipe). If it were PVC, I could just saw it off and attach the dispo. But now I suppose I'll have to replace the brass pipe with PVC. My question is: how to disconnect this single brass pipe? If it's glued or soldered in place, is it still possible to tear it out with a pipe wrench? I just wanted to get some feedback before I start trying to rip the thing out of there.

Sponsored Links
Visit your local plumbing merchant and explaiin the problem, they'll know what bits fit. This is a UK based site. I know your bits are different cos I had to mend a water supply while I was camping in Alaska!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back