Bread..

Personally I would almost say i'm addicted to bread, I love the stuff, especially if its freshly baked. Usually, on returning home after a night out, my alcohol fuelled bedtime snack is always a slice of bread, depending how tired I am its sometimes dry, sometimes daubed with butter and occasionaly I even cut a slab of cheese too. :D Tiger/Giraffe bread is a pretty fine specimen though!!

Chapeau - where do you buy bread from over here? - we sometimes 'treat' ourselves to fresh bread from Morrisons and, in my opinion, your description could be describing their bread - I can't fault it! The removal of gum flesh you speak of also puts the rest of my family off eating it too - so I get it to myself? Question though - how do you slice it without squashing it when its so hard on the outside but so soft inside? I struggle not to squash it with my hand trying to hold it still while I slice it!?! :(

Sponsored Links
It's difficult when it's fresh out of the oven. It needs to cool well before you can slice it with ease.

I use a finely serrated blade and lots of sawing action!

I had a lovely meal the other day. Strips of spiced turkish lamb (?) Served on a lightly toasted tortilla, topped with a medley of salad vegetables, accompanied with a side order of pomme frites and a tomato and chili salsa.

OK it was a donor kebab innit!!

Yeah the unemployed have it tough eating out all the time. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
At £3.50 fine dining indeed. No taxpayers money was used in this gastronomical experience.

Don't know why you assume I'm on benefits, not that its ur business but I'm not.

Why are you always banging on about jobseekers then? :confused:

Why do you keep banging on about oil? Which I admit is a finite resource as opposed to the rubbish you chat.

Because the thread is about bread. Tiger bread is very nice, however french bread I have to diagree with its horrible!

The stripey bits on tiger bread taste a bit like marmite, I wonder if they use that?

I had a lovely meal the other day. Strips of spiced turkish lamb (?) Served on a lightly toasted tortilla, topped with a medley of salad vegetables, accompanied with a side order of pomme frites and a tomato and chili salsa.

OK it was a donor kebab innit!!

donor!! i think i was probably right first time !!

Sponsored Links
Back