Break in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a break in through a double glazed unit. It was a large piece of glass in a bay window.

They drilled a hole into the corner of the plastic frame and then into the glass. This must have crack the glass. They then broke the glass and entered the house.

My question concerns this happening again. I need to replace this glass and so was wondering if toughened glass would be a good idea. Would it stop this type of break in as i imagine it could easily happen again.

Sponsored Links
Toughened glass, whilst harder to break, will still shatter. Laminated glass is far harder to break

I recently had a sliding glass door replaced, and had it done in laminated dg unit, as an anti-burglar measure. It was very heavy, and I think added a bit over £100 above the price of a toughened unit. The fitter mentioned how easy and quiet it is to break toughened.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back