Breaking down fences, throwing rocks, demanding entry ......

What's gasbag doing now, just bumping threads?
Twice already?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps some would do well to understand Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
Where we are at the highest two levels (when I say "we", I mean most of us.:rolleyes: Some may be struggling to maintain their position at the fourth level.),
refugees are struggling at the second level, looking for safety, security, family, health, and yes - employment, property, resources.
It's understandable if morality occasionally slips in their struggle for what is basically a human right.

2000px-Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

I remember, many years ago, giving a lecture to front-line staff on customer care and customer satisfaction. I exploited Maslow's hierarchy of needs by inverting it. Arguing that front-line staff must seek to address customers' needs starting at the top (remember inverted pyramid) and ensuring that each level of 'customers' needs are being satiated.
Any gaps or deficiencies at any level renders any subsequent level pointless. (obviously in that concept, I had removed some 'needs')
But it is the same when dealing with refugees. Aid must address the refugees' needs. And it's pointless addressing any higher levels unless the lower levels have been fully met.
Similarly, humans will sacrifice higher level interaction in desperate fulfillment of lower level needs.

I'm going down to Centre Parc's at Easter and will try this at the fence. With the kids too. No need to book.[/

That reminds me I'd forgotten about how we used to climb the fences to get in to butlins all those years ago !

Climb to get out more like. I've always wondered why they had a wooden gym horse bence in the exercise yard.

Where we are at the highest two levels (when I say "we", I mean most of us.:rolleyes: Some may be struggling to maintain their position at the fourth level.),
refugees are struggling at the second level, looking for safety, security, family, health, and yes - employment, property, resources.
It's understandable if morality occasionally slips in their struggle for what is basically a human right.

2000px-Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png

I remember, many years ago, giving a lecture to front-line staff on customer care and customer satisfaction. I exploited Maslow's hierarchy of needs by inverting it. Arguing that front-line staff must seek to address customers' needs starting at the top (remember inverted pyramid) and ensuring that each level of 'customers' needs are being satiated.
Any gaps or deficiencies at any level renders any subsequent level pointless. (obviously in that concept, I had removed some 'needs')
But it is the same when dealing with refugees. Aid must address the refugees' needs. And it's pointless addressing any higher levels unless the lower levels have been fully met.
Similarly, humans will sacrifice higher level interaction in desperate fulfillment of lower level needs.

It’s just a theory. Some of the counter arguments are that there is in fact no hierarchy, certain levels do not have to be met before others.

Cultural, religious, ideological or other factors also heavily influence the drivers of the individual. And probably biggest of all, this theory assumes that we all have an optimum purpose to self-actualise.

In fact, self- actualisation may occur after just one of those levels that Maslow states.

Perhaps a theory of criminal behaviour might be more appropriate to quote?

Sponsored Links
It’s just a theory. Some of the counter arguments are that there is in fact no hierarchy, certain levels do not have to be met before others.
Then by all means, propound your theory and explanation for the behaviour.
Let's discuss the various merits of which theory is most appropriate.

What is really worrying is the extent they will go to to demand they be let in. It probably means that once they are in Europe,
they will riot if and when they don't get their further demands (free housing, food, jobs, money etc).
Invite the third world into your space, and you become the Third World, and unfortunately that is Europe's future.

I dont have any theories.

You proposed one (to support your proposition?), I've just rebuffed it that's all. And I suggested that if you were going to quote theories to support your argument, then you may like to quote appropriate ones.

What is really worrying is the extent they will go to to demand they be let in. It probably means that once they are in Europe,
they will riot if and when they don't get their further demands (free housing, food, jobs, money etc).
Invite the third world into your space, and you become the Third World, and unfortunately that is Europe's future.

Thats it. It's as if they think that migration is a right.

That's it. It's as if they think that migration is a right.

Trouble is some of us encourage them.

I dont have any theories.
You proposed one (to support your proposition?), I've just rebuffed it that's all.
Exactly, you denied my theory is suitable without proposing an alternative.

It comes after the town's Prefect blamed British anarchists for manipulating a 'hardcore' of 150 migrants into causing violence in the sprawling encampment.

And we thought it was those bald headed right wings thugs......................................................................didn't we?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ritish-anarchists-fuelling-violence-camp.html

Blooming heck what a shocking picture .......as if we want people like that coming here ( the one doing the stabbing ). Thing is unlike the refugee situation in france in the second world war this refugee lot seem extremely violent .......
Go on you tube type migrant troubles in ( European country of your choice ) go through European country by country ......a very grim picture emerges documented by video.

It comes after the town's Prefect blamed British anarchists for manipulating a 'hardcore' of 150 migrants into causing violence in the sprawling encampment.
How British?

Sponsored Links