Breathable membrane - waterproof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

If I was to strip the slates of my house and cover with membrane, would this be waterproof if it decided to rain before slates went back on?

Reason being is flat roof on extension is being changed to pitched, and I'm having a carpenter do the roof structure and someone separate to do the slating, and there may be a gap of a week. Will the roof be ok with just the membrane on it?

Sponsored Links
Yes pretty much, this is is actually one of the reasons why a membrane is used, so that the house is not exposed while the tiles are fitted when re-roofing or new build.

Yes pretty much, this is is actually one of the reasons why a membrane is used, so that the house is not exposed while the tiles are fitted when re-roofing or new build.

Perfect.

Guess it needs to be laid in the valleys first, and then overlapped by the adjoining sides

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back