Breeze block to plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I revealed a small area in my bathroom hidden under a boxed section.

I'm hoping to do the job myself as its only about 0.25m2

Can someone advise me the steps / layers involved from getting from breeze block to putting up plasterboard.

I see there are at least two visable layers showing that the builder used 'but decided not to plaster board either'

The first is a grey think layer, the second is a thin sandy colour layer - on top of this is the plasterboard.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Guide was great.

Can I use a direct bonding method (using a dry wall adhesive) to fix plasterboard to brzze block if I apply PVA onto the breeze block first?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
As Alistair says, you could that but as per the description in “patch repair” leave the plasterboard below the surrounding wall & then skim & blend in with Multi finish. Personally, as it’s already a plaster finish over base, I would build the wall out with Bonding plaster & skim but using plasterboard may be easier for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back