Brick Shed 12 x 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting a brick shed 12 foot by 8 foot in my back garden. I would need foundations putting in. It will have a pitched roof (Tiled), built from brick not blocks. Not sure of roof structure but would prefer 2 gables. Single brick thickness i think unless there is a reason i should go for double with cavity. Eaves hight would probably be 6.6 with overall height being 2.5 to stay within planning regs.

I know it is hard to give quotes for jobs like this without seing the site, all i would like is some idea of what it may cost so i can decide whether to go this route or for a concrete sectional shed which i don't really want to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You might just need to keep an eye on those dims (eaves height / oa height). A *very* quick number crunch makes your pitch 22° and this will obviously limit your tile choice.

Thanks fior the replies.

Hoped it would be more like £3000 not 3-4. What would the extra £1000 be in case of?

quick number crunch makes your pitch 22° and this will obviously limit your tile choice.
Why would this limit tile choice? Would i be able to use double romans?

Sponsored Links
Why would this limit tile choice? Would i be able to use double romans?

Tiles have a minimum pitch so they perform as designed to shed rainfall effectively - this varies slightly dependant on tile design / manufacturer. In the case of double romans you won't be a million miles away but check the tech sheets out at a manufacturer such as Marley.

Have decided that the tiled roof will not be possible to stay in with permitted development (needs to be 2.5m overall) and i made an error with the eaves height (Should be 2.2m)

Looks like this would need to be a flat roof instead of pitched. Will this make much difference to the price mentioned earlier?

Finding it really hard to get quotes from local builders, they come out to mease up and say they will send quote in the post but nothing arrives.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

ps. Would it be normal for a job like this to be just built on a concrete slab or should it be with foundations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back