brick trowel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can someone recomend a good brick trowel, i do have a Marshalltown 5 inch pointiing trowel and love it, so was going to get MT brick trowel as well. However what pattern is best to go for? london or Philadelphia, my pointing trowel is London pattern, but jsut wondered if one type is better than other. any advise welcome. thanks.

Sponsored Links
whatever you feel most comfortable with. I use a london pattern marshaltown, but each to their own.

i only ever use marshalltown as they are weighted nicely and well built and have a good handle.

We use Marshaltown. Awesome steel. Light in your hand and hold tons of muck. Clean up nicely too. ALL the (money making) site brick jockeys i know, use them.

I started with a traditionally shaped WHS, wooden handle and through tang. Easy to use and quite precise, though a little heavy.

Sponsored Links
my dads got old ones that are so worn down, theyre virtually pointing trowels now!

Marshalltowns are much better balanced. It puts a lot more strain on the wrists to use say a 13 inch WHS and Marshalltown blades are thinner.
Less weight.

Kev ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back