Brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I build brick wall 3m wide, 7m long, 0.6m high, I fill up with soil, & will put plants as garden, my question is willl the wall got damp in the long run & how to resolve this???

Thanks
TentrenMang

Sponsored Links
It's not attached to a house if I'm reading your post correctly so to be honest I wouldn't worry about it. There are brick walls that have stood outside for centuries and are still there. Just don't let plants get a foothold on the joints and you'll be fine.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

It's not attached to a house if I'm reading your post correctly so to be honest I wouldn't worry about it. There are brick walls that have stood outside for centuries and are still there. Just don't let plants get a foothold on the joints and you'll be fine.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thanks
It's not attached to the house. It's actually my brick wall fence in the front yard. One landscaper told me to put waterproof paint, in the long run the moisture will absord to wall, creates white marks on the other side of wall. Other landscaper says no need for this, I sort of confuse. But now you confirm to me, thanks

Tentrenmang

Sponsored Links
Water will leach through, any impurities or salts will dry on the other side and stains or white powdery residue can form.. its very common and can look unsightly (especially the brown iron stains)..

Putting a water proof barrier behind is good practice also allowing the water somewhere to go in the form of weep holes helps..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back