garden store/potting shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got an old chicken shed in garden 5m by 3m, it has a double brick front 0.6m no dpc, a 3m side wall of 1.6m single brick no dpc and a mess of tin, timber mesh rest and earth floor. Its at bottom of garden inaccessible to lorries.

i want to turn it into a garden store/potting shed, extending to 8m by 3m by 2.4m high flat roof. Not heavy floor use. Any ideas best and cheapest way. I am concerned about how to lay foundations and or slab when not accesible to cement mixer.

I was thinking extending the existing 5m 0.6 wall to 8m. Build another 0.6m 8m wall (with doorway) opposite, heighten back wall to 2.4m height. Build opposite end 0.6m 3m wall. then build wood frame, shiplap, windows, door and flat roof.

My question due to difficulty of concrete lorry access and cost pumping what is the best solution, for foundations, floor, damp proofing existing walls, and roof design. Any advice welcome.
cheers jon

Sponsored Links
if you really want the cheapest way for storage and potting shed, consider laying flag stones on hardcore/sand and building a couple of layers of bricks off that, then you can build a simple frame with plywood roof covered in felt. There are as many ways of building garden outbuildings as there are trees in your local park, as building regs mostly don't apply, although at your size it might need to be non combustible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back