Brickwork stained .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
I have a mystery which I have only partly solved.
The brickwork outside my kitchen window has a white stain which I believe is caused by the overflow pipe from the water cylinder above. The tank contains hard water material you see in your kettle - limescale type stuff.
One part of the mystery is how it gets onto the brickwork, as the angle of the pipe takes it out a far away from the wall.

The next is how to remove this stain as it will no doubt raise questions in the mind of buyers, come the time.
I have tried a powerful jetwash which did precious little.
Any help or removal ideas appreciated, if I have explained this properly.

Thanks Alan.

Sponsored Links
A strong brick acid, something like THIS, should do the trick but make sure you follow the instructions carefully and use all of the appropriate protective clothing/goggles, especially when working at an awkard level.

As for how it gets there, does the pipe have a slight upwards incline which is causing any overflowing water to run back towards the wall? :confused:

Since the Brick cleaner did not mention lime scale it may be worth trying a kettle de-scaler to see if that helps.
The other thing you can try is a wire brush on a drill or hand grinder. Take care with both methods.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back