Bridging cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all pretty new here but looking for advice.

See pictures attached I have a block and beam floor with insulation and concrete slab. The dpm wraps up and goes under the doors of the bifolds but doesn't carry all the way through to the outside.

I want to close the cavity off best and as sealed as possible at the moment underneath/Inbetween is polystyrene slabs that run through the cavity to stop cold bridging.

I am having floor screeded next week and I want to prevent it from cracking and moving and falling into the cavity potentially, any ideas?

My initial thoughts were to peel the dpm back and create a solid area with xtratherm and then concrete this to the level of the dpm, lay the dpm back under the door (as far as it will go) and seal this with expanding foam then it would be solid for the screed to be laid on top and run in to the frame of the doors to create the best possible seal
IMG_20201206_222344.jpg
IMG_20201206_222400.jpg

Tia
Adam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back