Briggs and Stratton Sprint 45

IMG_20160707_163153.jpg

F##K

Sponsored Links
Errr wow :eek:
I would think the bit where the motor sits is ready to depart the rest of the deck, unfortunately......its a bit much for even an aluminium patch and pop rivets!
I'd either call it a day or reach for the fibreglass patch kit.
John :)

I doubt a fibreglass repair would be strong enough, I think it's beyond repair

Sponsored Links
Maybe there's a chance if there was fibreglass laid on each side of the deck, but I reckon its ready for the great lawn in the sky :(

No worries - I kinda half expected it.
I have been taming my garden over the past two years - it was all weeds, meadow and scrub before that.
There is lots of dips, bumps and holes still in the lawn, some of them are pretty big and plenty of rocks.
I have gone through a few blades at this point.

This time instead of blending the blade the rock exited straight through the deck, the deck is rotten.
Its not obvious from the photo but there is a large hole in the side of the deck also.
So I think its time to call it a day for the deck, on the look out for a new one now as the engine is still sound.

Any idea where I might get one?

I'm certain you wouldn't get a new one Ray, and there's a good chance that any seen on Gumtree or whatever would probably be in similar condition (unless there's a machine out there with a goosed motor.)
The only machine I re-deck is the Honda range, but the decks are around the £100 mark and I charge £40 to swap the guts over.

Get a new one and sell your old one for "spares or repair" I did see a link on Facebook to someone selling recon petrol mowers from £60 upwards and they looked OK'ish. If I find the link I'll post it

Sponsored Links
Back