Bright ideas welcomed!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

8' x 6' playhouse in garden.
Don't want to dismantle it, as I don't think it will stand the strain (I frankly, I can't be bothered).
It sits on a sturdy decking-and-supports base.

Problem is, I built it on four 4" x 4" timber posts, which were creosoted, and sunk into postcrete.
The posts are now rotting at ground level.
So, it needs to be lowered (intact, if at all possible), to the ground below, from its current 3' up position.

Any suggestions for safely doing this, other than getting a gang of mates round to take the weight while I saw the posts through?

Thanks in anticipation.:)

Sponsored Links
Couple of hefty timbers right angles to the floor joists, Jack it up, use props then saw through your timbers. Then lower it.

Or mates and heavy weight load straps again right angles to the floor joists ........ it ain't that heavy !!

Get some car jacks and dollys. Each corner raise the jack. let it take the weight and then saw off the posts.

Once your play house is on all four jacks then bit by bit lower them down onto some dollys so now you have your playhouse on 4 dollys. You can then make into a mobile playhouse!

Did you buy this playhouse or get someone to build it for you?

I think I want to have one next year in my back garden.

Sponsored Links
Purchased, and assembled by my good self.

As well as the base and legs which keep it in the air.

I'm inclined to scrap it, but SWMBO wants to keep it.

a 2 ton bottle jack is £10

I'd buy 4/6 ( or borrow them) and jack the play house up, adding bits of timber in a jenga style pile.
Then gradually lower the thing, removing wood as you go.

you may be able to do it with four, but I thought six might be worth the extra £20

don't forget to use steel sheets to avoid punching a hole in the floor

Last edited:
4 big ice cubes, some clever propping and a recip' saw. Let the Summer sun do the rest.

Do you think they'll melt in unison?

Edited.

Sponsored Links
Back