Bristan shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a Bristan Helena shower which is part of the Heritage range. It's less than two years old but we can get no hot from it. We are assuming the thermostat has gone and we need to replace it. My question is could it be anything else? I don't want to but a new thermostat to find that was not the problem. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan - I think it is concealed. Looking at it there is just the controls on view and the shower head is fixed seperately above it. My plumber who is too busy to come and look says if it is the thermostat it can be accessed from the controls at the front. The water is piped direct from the mega flow tank on the ground floor. It is'nt a seperate shower but over the bath. There is no problem with the bath water. I don't know what the temperature is set to, only that when we switch the shower on the water is only lukewarm. It is less than two years old but I did'nt keep proof of purchase.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Dan - by cartridge do you mean the thermostat? Sorry I know it must be hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys!

Many thanks - is it something we could do ourselves without waiting for the plumber? I know enough to know I have to turn the water off first!!

Tina Turkey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back